Wednesday 25 May 2011

Project 3 Ideas and development

The idea that I have gone with for Project 3 - The Exhibition is my third one...

I will build a model to metaphorically show Encapsulation. The model will be in 'two parts' split down the middle.

I want an input - a ping pong ball and an output - other holes which the ping pong ball will drop out of. Inside the box will be some paths that determine where the ball comes out of...

The way to show encapsulation through this is that the paths are hidden from the 'user'. The side that the person will drop the ball into will be wood/tape so that the inside of the box will not be able to be seen from that side.

On the other side people can look into the box and see the inside and therefore see how it works.

----------------------------------Development----------------------------------

I had a thought that with encapsulation the handy thing is that the programmer can jump in and fiddle with the program without the user knowing.. To show this in my metaphor the side that is open to viewing I will have a few paths there that can be changed by people. but still on the otherside the 'user' has no clue that something has been changed therefore the output can randomly change without them knowing how.

No comments:

Post a Comment